JOB OPENING: Graphic Designer/Front-End Web Developer
Can you handle both?We are looking for talented individuals who can design not only beautiful websites but can also assist our Lead Developer in building out those designs on WordPress quickly and efficiently. Your expertise will help you bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
Flexibility will be key. You’ll be responsible for assisting the Lead Developer in designing beautiful but usable designs and interfaces for clients.
You’ll also be responsible for setting up the initial framework and layout for sites and prepping it for the Lead Developer, as well as setting up all initial plugins as laid out in the project plan.
You’ll need a good understand of UI/UX design. We are not interested in creating design that are solely based on looks.
We’ll also need you to be able to jump into our current sites and help with customer support/maintenance.
You need to be a team player who is passionate about learning and growing. This industry changes fast, so adaptability is especially important.
• Previous work experience as a Front-End developer or Graphic Designer preferred
• Hands on experience with markup languages
• Experience with HTML and CSS
• Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
• Understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
• Understanding of layout aesthetics
• Basic knowledge of SEO principles preferred
• Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and WordPress
• An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to catch on to new tasks quickly
• Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
• Eye for detail
• Associates/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• High School Diploma Required
• Desire to learn and grow in design and development
• Teachable attitude
Job Category: Graphic/Web Design
Job Type: Contract (hours will vary on current work load)
Pay: Dependent on Experience
If interested, send your resume and work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org